DUE TO THE OVERWHELMING RESPONSE CAUSED BY THE RECENT STORM, THE HIGHWAY DEPT. WILL BE CONDUCTING TOWN WIDE PICKUPS UNTIL THE END OF MAY. THEY ARE ASKING THAT YOU DO NOT CALL FOR A PICKUP. INSTEAD, FOLLOWING THE GUIDELINES BELOW, PLACE YOUR BRANCHES AT THE CURB. YOUR PILE WILL BE PICKED UP EVENTUALLY.
The Town of Binghamton Highway Dept. is picking up tree branches / brush piles until Friday, May 20, 2022. No pickups after 5/20/2022.
This pickup is for TREE BRANCHES ONLY. No cuttings from any kind of bushes.
Here are the guidelines to be followed:
1. Tree branches must be from your yard only.
2. Put branches neatly along the curb/roadside in front of your home.
3. Place the large end of the branch towards the road, and leave the branches as long as possible.
4. No brush from clearing your lot.
5. No brush from contractors or landscapers. (This means if you hire someone to maintain your
lawn, they need to dispose of the debris; we will not take it.)
6. Large piles must be approved.
The following items will NOT be accepted and will be left behind: tree trunks; roots of any sort; clippings from lawns, flower beds, or vegetable gardens; thorny brush and small twigs; leaves, and animal waste.