Town Clerk


We understand how hard it is to lose a furry, four-legged family member.  If your dog passes away, please give us a quick phone call to let us know.  You don’t have to come in.  We can be reached at (607) 772-0357, and press option 8.  Thanks.

Dog License

New York State requires all dogs to be licensed upon reaching the age of four months.  The owner must provide a current rabies certificate and a spayed/neutered certificate, if applicable. 

For questions regarding specific dog concerns, call Rick Murray, Dog Control Officer, at 772-0357, press 7.  You can also contact Rick by e-mail at:  DCO@townofbinghamton

Freedom of Information Law (FOIL)

Town Clerk or Deputy Clerk must be present.

Handicap Tag

The disabled person (temporary or permanent) must complete form MV-664.1 (available at the Town Hall or Department of Motor Vehicles) and have the physician complete that portion.  Present the completed form to the Town Clerk for issuance of a hang tag.  If you hold a valid driver’s license, it must be presented at the time of application.

Marriage License / Vital Statistics

Certified copies of birth, death, marriage certificates, and genealogical searches are available.

Fee: Varies as to vital services requested

Marriage Licenses

Anyone getting married in New York State must purchase a marriage license at least 24 hours in advance.  The license is good for 60 days.  Couples must come into the Town Hall with photo identification, original birth certificate with raised seal or certified birth certificate and, if either have been married before, that person will need to present proof of how the previous marriage(s) ended (certified death certificate with raised seal or certified divorce papers with raised seal).

Fee: $40.00

MARRIAGE LICENSES ARE ISSUED MONDAY THRU FRIDAY from 9:15 a.m. to 3 p.m.   No appointment is necessary.

Please make sure to have your photo ID and all necessary documents on arrival, including original or certified birth and divorce documents for each prior marriage and certified death records of former spouse.  

One-Day Marriage Officiant License Application

Questions?  Call the Town Clerk’s office for details.  


Sporting License

Resident and non-resident sporting licenses are issued at the Town Clerk’s office and are available as determined by the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.

Fee:  Contact the Town Clerk’s office at 772-0357, press 8
or go to

Town Budget

Staff Contacts

Tracy Tokos

Town Clerk


(607) 772-0357, press 8  

Paula Edwards

Deputy Town Clerk


(607) 772-0357, press 8


Contact Information

Hours of Operation

9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
No transactions after 3:50 p.m.

NOTE: Marriage licenses issued Monday thru Friday from 9:15 a.m. until 3 p.m.  No appointment necessary.  (See additional information below in red.)


(607) 772-0357, press 8.


(607) 772-6911



279 Park Avenue
Binghamton, NY 13903
United States
See map: Google Maps

Subscribe To Our Mailing List

Subscribe To Our Mailing List

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from the Town of Binghamton.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Pin It on Pinterest